Following the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teen on Saturday, and the ensuing media portrayal of his death, Twitter expressed outrage in the form of a hashtag: #IfTheyGunnedMeDown
THIS IS SO FUCKING IMPORTANT
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats."Seven Simple Ways To Free Yourself, from girl to girl (via notcapableoflove)
Christy Mack released the statement above on her Twitter today about the abuse she endured Friday by the hands of her boyfriend, MMA fighter, Jon Koppenhaver. She said this isn’t the first time it’s happened but it’s the never been this bad. He spent 1 year in jail in 2012 for assault at a night club. My heart and well wishes go out to Christy Mack. I wish her a quick recovery and I hope they find this asshole and serve him the justice he deserves. If a loved one abuses you mentally or physically, they most likely will not stop. Get out while you can. 1-800-799-SAFE or click Chat on the upper right hand side.
This is horrible.
Holy fucking shit.
Oh my god. This is horrible.
So Rihanna gets beat and it’s on every news channel/ entertainment , yet christy Mack is almost beaten to death and no one cares Sex workers are people too
I love christy. I don’t care that she’s a porn star she’s also a HUMAN being. I have met her and she’s sweet. She takes care of pitbulls and does charity events and is a straight edge princess. It scares me that there are people out there that think there are valid reasons for a woman to get beat.